Monday, May 11, 2009

The End of Voluntary Hypothermia

The morning that Eddie was to be warmed up felt like a holiday. I was so excited for him. I couldn't wait to get to the NICU to see him. I was, luckily, still in the hospital due to the medical problems I had encountered that had caused me to give birth early. I waited until the warming was implemented and went to the NICU.

It may have been my imagination, but I felt that Eddie looked a little more relaxed and open. He seemed to be comfortable. His body was no longer that slight shade of purple. At a visit a few hours later, his body had a pink hue to it. That made me very happy. Although he still hadn't experienced a hug or a kiss, he was warm. And I could stroke his little hand. My baby was comfortable and, later, even got to be swaddled. Just seeing Eddie in a blanket swaddled and comfortable, filled my heart with joy. Now, I just wanted to get all of the tubes and wires out of him! But that wouldn't happen for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment